Saturday, October 5, 2019

New name, same old blog

What's this with a name change? You've not blogged for 8 months.
I started off the blog with the plan of documenting my life with the Model T. Then I discovered all the cool peripheral stuff.  That key ring, the postcards and photographs and all of a sudden there's a wonderful world of motoring history to get interested in. I started to build a selection of other postcards and pictures and learned about things like the Vanderbilt Cup motor race.
I still love the model T. I still go and sit it in the garage. I've washed and polished it for no good reason. I've done work on it that involved a visit to the urgent care at the end of it. I'm as frustrated as hell that I couldn't break the bead on the tyre I'm changing. So I'm still doing things. It's just the car awakened me to so much more.
So the blog title changed to reflect the change in content.
The new title might be corny but I love the word Jalopy and the word jottings seemed to go well with it in an alliterative sort of way.
So drop in once in a while for some Jalopy Jottings.





No comments:

Post a Comment