Monday, October 15, 2018

Introduction

love cars. 
As my many blogs would suggest, I am interested in many things. But I have a real passion and appreciation for cars.
Old cars. 
Perhaps that goes back to the garage (service station for Americans) that my late father used to work in, and by the time he retired, co-own. Whenever I went around there, there would be lots of cars being worked on. They'd all be considered classic cars now, but back then, they were all just ordinary, everyday cars.
I loved the Parts store. There were parts on shelves, big parts, little parts, spark plugs in a rack, gaskets hanging from hooks on the walls. At the time I didn't know what many of the parts were but it was like a cave of hidden treasure for me.
Then there was the Land Rover. A series 1, I think. Dad would go out in it on jobs when they didn't need the breakdown (wrecker). Wether riding up front, or in the back under the cover of the canvas hood. A trip was an adventure. We rode out to my grandparents in it one particularly bad snowy winter's day because it had four wheel drive.
I'm not a know everything aficionado, though some unusual facts may stick in my mind that might lead people to think that. But no, I just like cars. I prefer to see them on the road rather than in a museum. Cars are meant to be driven to be appreciated properly, wether by the person behind the steering wheel or the person in the street. If I see someone drive by in an old car I'll always give them a "thumbs up" of appreciation.
To date, I own, or have owned: A 1976 MGB, a 1973 MGB GT, A 1963 Studebaker Lark Cruiser and now this. A 1926 Ford Model T Coupe.
My 1926 coupe, during the test drive.
The full story of this car will be told over this blog. I already know some interesting things about it, thanks to Jan the previous owner. So there will be plenty to share for quite a while. I hope you'll come to understand and appreciate this passion of mine, and this particular car.

No comments:

Post a Comment